Mr.K Raushan has started humanitarian work back in his college days (2001) on seeing the suffering due to poverty. He used to see a family where one Lady used to work very hard and she used to wear the same Saree every day. On asking why she work very hard, the answer shock him .Her husband who is fighting for cancer is at advance stage and hospitalizes. She is the only bread earner in the family, to support husband medical expenses and support 7 small kids. On hearing this Mr. Raushan start saving his pocket money and ask his college friends to contribute for her family cause. Since then he continue humanitarian work even after he complete his studies. After getting a Job from reputed company in Delhi, he continue his humanity work supporting orphanage, widow and poor. Raushan dedicated much of his life enlisting support for charitable work. As time goes some friend joint Mr.K. Raushan; As such
Ms.Beenu (Uttar Pradesh) Prasad from Uttar Pradesh: She has been working humanitarian work since her college time. Reaching out and helping out the poor and helpless person give her enlightens deep within. After getting secure job working with the tight schedule, she never miss to reach out for needed. She is always there to help physically, Mentally, Financially anytime. It is important to note that many people in poverty and need are not lazy, jealous, or envious as some puffed-up politicians would like us to believe. Contrary to such caricatures, many poor people are hard working, some working 2 to 3 jobs just to pay rent, only to fall behind on their daily basic needs. Therefore, let us see people the way God see us.
Mr. Neyaz Ahmad (Bihar): He too start helping destitute children in Education from his college time. Came to Delhi to pursued higher study. On weekend he sacrifice his time educating children. Sometime he go to rural area for free medical camp being Master in Chemistry, help in much in general medicine.
Ms. Mathibo Adaphro (Manipur): She start free tuition from her high school. Whenever she came home for holiday she spent most of her time in teaching neighbor children and poor family specially in Maths and science. She also takes initiative in cleaning the surrounding with the students in village during holiday. It is more bless to give then received.
Mr. Bikas Murmu (odissa): From his college time he was very interested in teaching line. That’s how he start helping the children in his free time. Specially who are weak in mathematics and reasoning. Odissa is one of the state where natural calamities frequently happen. In time like this he always avail his service. In Rahi he continue his humanitarian work teaching children in maths, logical reasoning etc.
Mr. SP Bhandary (Jharkhand): He is from Saluk chapra nirsa where snake bite and communicable diseases are often happen time and again. Reaching out for pocket dispensary was another big problem in his place. Therefore, he avail all the necessary first Aids to help those people. In this way it sustain their pain and reach hospital, if it was not his help the victim happen to expire before reaching hospital. He came to Delhi and continue his humanitarian work as a team in Rahi.
Ms.Rekha Dwivedi (Uttar Pradesh): Looking for some simple and easy ways to make yourself happier? Go out and help people you will experience the joy of giving. She was interested in science subject particularly. This was how she start helping her friends and neighbor teaching them science. On doing this free teaching to those children give her satisfaction and happiness.
This is how RAHI was form. With the guidance of Ms.Beenu, now NGO RAHI has registered in 2014 as “RAHI A SOCIAL & CULTURAL UPLIFTMENT SOCIETY “under 1860 act 2014 NCT Delhi (National Level).
AIMS AND OBJECTS
- To provide relief to the poor
- To provide education
- To provide medical relief
- To work for preservation of environment, watersheds, forests and wildlife
- To work for preservation of monuments or places or objects of artistic or historic interest
- To achieve any or all the above objects, for the people of India, without any distinction as to caste, creed, colour, race, religion or sex, the society may engage in the advancement of any other object of general public utility which is incidental to the achievement of any or all the above objects.
- Without prejudice to article 4.6, the society may carry out the following incidental activities for the people of India, without any distinction as to caste, colour, race, creed, religion or sex:
- To open and run charitable dispensaries
- To open and run schools, colleges, libraries
- To help them in distress
- To organize, help and relief to people on the occasions of natural calamities such as floods, famines, earthquakes. epidemic, cyclone, drought, etc.
- To provide for medical and other health support and assistance
- To organize seminar on social justice, educational and economical upliftment, to raise legal demands and fundamental right provided by constitution of India.
- Establish, develop, maintain and grant aid in cash or in kind to hospitals, medical schools, medical colleges, nursing institution, dispensaries, establish maternity homes, child welfare centers and / or such other similar charitable institution in India for the benefit and use of the poor.
- To work for the uplifitment of tribes in villages in all over the country, as per govt. rules and policies.
- To provide free, ambulance, medical checkup, socio-economic and other charitable services, help/assistance to the needy persons.
- To create awareness about formal/informal method of education.
- To establish, maintain and run studentships, scholarships and render other kind of aid to students including supply of books, stipends, medals and other incentives to study.
- To provide free education for all kinds of competitive examination.
- For and in the course of providing medical relief without any distinction as to caste, colour, race, creed, religion or sex:
- To study, educate, propagate and promote the yoga therapy and its various system of medicines.
- To promote and develop yoga naturopathy therapy, courses all over India and abroad.
- To integrate all the available system of medicines drug and drugless therapies together and prepared method of treatment to all persons suffering from various diseases.
- To work for the improvement of environmental conditions of the country.
- To plant trees, plants, etc. on road sides, in waste places, in colonies, locality for decreasing the pollution level
- To plant mangrove trees on the bank of costal areas to protect the society from the cyclone.
- To work for the preservation of tortoise on the bank of costal areas.
For and in the course of advancement of general welfare and thus to help the national and integration program of the government to promote community welfare and to create a sense of brotherhood, co-operation, mutual harmony, love and affection amongst the members of the society and amongst the general public:
- To open, found, establish, promote, set-up, run, maintain, assist, provide finance support and/or help the various community development programs/activities.
- To construct and develop the Community Halls, Shochalay, libraries and other building for welfare and use of the members of the Society and general public.
- To establish, maintain or provide grant for establishment and maintenance of roads, lanes, khadanja, parks, sewerage, water supply, Nallas, Community centers, reading rooms, Post offices, etc. And to seek help from the M.C.D authorities for the same & advise the residents of the colony to keep the area clean and tidy.
- To improve men’s and women’s including boys and girls, social economic standard both in rural and urban areas of the country.
- To arrange and organize social, religious and cultural programs from time to time.
- To organize adoption of children and to provide assistance to the families of adopted children when it is required.
- To take up effective but reasonable and lawful steps for eradication of social evils such as dowry system, child marriage (bal vivah), child labour, wastage of money in various functions and use of intoxicated drugs/ wine/smack.
- To create a forum for senior citizens where they can exchange their various views and experiences which may, however be made available to younger generation for their welfare.
- To arrange and provide, financial assistance (in the shape of loan) from government and non-government organizations, bank or any other legal entity or individual on reasonable terms and conditions, for poor & dropdown, girls, women’s boys, widows for education, self employment, and all round development of the society members, and general public.
- Acquire lands and construct building thereon, or to acquire buildings, whether by purchase, lease or rent.
- Accept donation, grants, presents, gifts and other offerings in any manner, cash, cheque and/or in the shape of moveable or immoveable properties.
- Receive financial and non-financial assistance from govt. / non govt. organization, international bodies, banks, company, and any other legal entity or individual for achieving and fulfilling the objects of the society.
- Make representation to various authorities of Government, Semi-Government or other NGOs/Social organizations.
- Publish magazines in Hindi, English and other languages for use of the general public, specifically for backward areas.
- Hold and participate in social conferences, meetings, etc.
- Do any acts and things aimed at facilitating charitable, social, cultural, educational and other services of the society including the management, supervision and administration of it’s own affairs.
- Establish, develop, maintain and grant aid in cash or in kind to hospitals, medical schools, medical colleges, nursing institution, dispensaries, establish maternity homes, child welfare centers and / or such other similar charitable institution in India for the benefit and use of the general public.
- Take up effective, reasonable and lawful steps for the solution of problems relating to members of the Society and the community as a whole.
- Organize free medical camps, blood donation, camps eye donation camps, etc. in village and urban areas for the benefit of general public.
- Encourage games / sports/ yoga / gymnastic / judo / hockey / football / cricket and other games for the improvement of health amongst youth and children on the whole providing play ground, sports, clubs, indoor stadium, yoga training centers and also organize the tournament, yoga & sports competitions on block, district, state, national & international level.
- Provide information and education / useful knowledge and the medical advice , to general public regarding the vices of the society (like smack, cigarette / biri, smoking, alcohol, AIDS) through holding awareness camps for de-addiction and also organize the lectures by expert team of doctors, journalists and other learned persons.
- Make adequate arrangement and start / run the rehabilitation centers for destitute, widows, old men & women, poor beggars, handicapped and for mentally retarded persons for their social / civil upliftment.
- Do such other things / acts / activities, which are necessary and which may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the object of the society.
- Give, provide and / or render monetary and / or other help and assistance for the relief of persons and animals affected by natural and other accident, pestilence, drought, epidemic, unbearable cost of living and the like, to give donation, subscription of contributions to institutions, establishment, centers or persons doing relief work on such occasion.
- Establish, run, support, grant aid and to give other financial assistance to schools, colleges, libraries, reading rooms, laboratories, research and other institutions of the like nature in India engaged in the development and advancement of education and diffusion of knowledge amongst the public in general and for use of the students and the staff of such Institutions.
- Give aid or financial assistance or otherwise to contribute to other similar organizations having objects similar to the objects of this Institution for furtherance of relief of the poor, education, medical and general advancement of other objects of public utility.
- To found, open, establish, promote and setup various charitable, educational, industrial, technical / non-technical, vocational, agricultural and community development programmes, after seeking permission from the competent authority.
- To do all things and acts that may be necessary and conducive to the attainment of any or all of the above objects of the society.
- The Society will invest its surplus money and funds according to section – 11(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961 or any modification thereof.
- All the incomes, earnings, moveable / or immovable properties of the society shall be solely utilized and applied toward the promotion of its aims and objects only as set forth in the memorandum of the society and no profit/surplus thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividends, bonus, profits or in any manner whatsoever to the present or past members of the society or to any person claming through anyone or more of the present or the past members.
- No member of the society shall have any personal claim on any moveable or immovable properties of the society or make any profit whatsoever, in any manner, by virtue of his membership of the Society.
- For the removal of doubts it is hereby declared that this Society, its objects and its implementation shall not be for the benefit of any particular caste, creed or religious community as such.
Sports/ yoga / gymnastic / judo / hockey / football / cricket and other games for the improvement of health amongst youth and children on the whole providing play ground, sports, clubs, indoor stadium, yoga.
Provide information and education / useful knowledge and the medical advice , to general public regarding the vices of the society ( like smack, cigarette / biri, smoking, alcohol, AIDS).
Make adequate arrangement and start / run the rehabilitation centers for destitute, widows, old men & women, poor beggars, handicapped and for mentally retarded persons for their social / civil upliftment.